Since Israel Betrayed Pollard, Not One Israeli Captive has Come Home Alive
Manhigut Yehudit Press Release - 14 Elul, 5769 (Sept. 3, 2009)
Statement of Moshe Feiglin in response to Lindenstrauss' Pollard Report
It is commendable that the State Comptroller has decided to probe the Pollard situation. But those who are willing to face the truth do not need his investigation. The State of Israel has consistenly betrayed its agent; it has never officially requested his release from prison. Israel's message to the US is clear. "We would prefer that Pollard die in your prison."
Since Israel betrayed Pollard 24 years ago, not one Israeli soldier has returned home alive from captivity. [See chart below, courtesy of IMRA/ imra.org.il] Israel's lack of values in the Pollard affair has brought it to a low point from which it can no longer protect its soldiers, who daily risk their lives for their country.
Prisoner Trades since founding of Israel
Based on article in YNET on 15.7.08
- 14 March 1979: 1 soldier traded for 70 terrorists.
- 23 November 1983: 6 soldiers traded for 4,765 terrorists
- 28 June 1984: 6 Israelis for 312 Syrians (including 291 Syrian soldiers captured in Lebanon)
- 21 May 1985: 3 soldiers for 1,150 terrorists
- 12 September 1991: 1 dead soldier for 52 terrorists
- 21 July 1996: 2 dead soldiers for 105 dead terrorists
- 25 June 1998: 1 dead soldier for 60 terrorists
- 29 January 2004: 3 dead soldiers and Israeli criminal (Tenenbaum) for427 terrorists
- 15 October 2007: 1 dead soldier for Lebanese prisoner
- June 2008: Body parts for Lebanese spy
- 16 July 2008: 2 dead soldiers for 5 terrorists